Other Places of Interest
(during free time or before/after the workshop)
- Stamps Gallery is exhibiting “The Unfinished Conversation: Encoding/Decoding” (which is relevant to our topic). Open 12-7 Friday and Saturday.
- Argo Canoe Livery is open Saturday until 7pm. They offer a $10-20 paddleboard, canoe, kayak, or innertube rental for a short river trip (about 2 hours). About 10 blocks walk from the Graduate Hotel. No reservations required, includes return transportation by van.
- Zingerman’s Deli was recently named best cheese selection in the United States (among other honors). Five blocks walking from the Graduate. Expect lines.
- Ann Arbor Farmer’s Market until 3pm Saturday. About five blocks walking from the Graduate.
- University of Michigan Museum of Art just one block from the Michigan Union (our Friday-Saturday venue). Open 11-5 Friday and Saturday. Free admission.
- Nichols Arboretum, or “The Arb,” is a 123-acre arboretum with walking trails and seating along the Huron River, through woodlands, and among late-flowering gardens. Open from sunrise to sunset daily. One mile from the Graduate.